Afghanistan Vs Ireland 1st T20 Dream11 Match Prediction , Pitch Report, Winning TipsFebruary 21, 2019
Who Will Win Afghanistan Vs Ireland 1st T20. Even though the two teams do not play at the highest level as often as other full-members, lack of familiarity with each other will not be a concern here. The two teams have played a lot against each other in recent years and will have a game plan ready for key players. IRE VS AFG 1st T20 Dream11 Match preview is given in this post.
Afghanistan are ranked 8th whereas Ireland find themselves languishing in the 17th place in the ICC T20I rankings. The former have been performing far better in the twenty-over format while the latter have lacked consistency.
Venue: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Dehradun – India . The pitch is expected to have something in it for both batsmen as well as bowlers 148 is the average first-innings score here in the T20 format
Match Details: AFGH VS IRE , Feb 21 , 18:30:00, GMT +5:30
|Highest Scores Chased||135/4 (18.5 Ov) by AFG vs BAN|
|Lowest Scores Defended||145/6 (20 Ov) by AFG vs BAN|
|Average 1st Inns scores||148|
|Average 2nd Inns scores||133|
|Highest total recorded||167/8 (20 Ov) by AFG vs BAN|
|Lowest Total Recorded||122/10 (19 Ov) by BAN vs AFG|
AFGH VS IRE Team News :
- Timm van der Gugten can be back in playing11.
- Wesley Barresi can replace Sikandar Zulfiqar.
- They are expected to move with same squad as was in quadangular series
KEY PLAYERS :
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Rashid Khan
- Mohammad Nabi
- Mohammad Shahzad(w)
- Cameron Delport
- Sikandar Raza
- Robbie Frylinck
AFG VS IRE WINNING TIPS :
- The spin trio of Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Rashid Khan, and Mohammad Nabi will be tough to handle.
- Nabi has a reputation of making good contributions with both bat and ball. The allrounder is the team’s leading wicket-taker in this format with 67 wickets in 65 matches and he is expected to make a major impact with the ball in this match.
- The key man, however, is Rashid Khan who is the world’s best T20I bowler at the moment.
- These two together with Mujeeb Ur Rahman form a threatening bowling attack .
- Asghar Afghan has done particularly well as a skipper, but his batting form could be a cause of concern for the hosts.
- O’Brien is Ireland’s second-highest run-scorer in T20Is while Stirling hit two fifties in Oman.
- Simi Singh provides some strength to the middle order and he can also be very handy with his off-spin.
- Dockrell has taken the most wickets for Ireland in the T20 format – 62 wickets in 57 matches – and the left-arm spinner is likely to be the most effective of the lot at this ground.
Stuart Poynter(w), Paul Stirling(c), Kevin O Brien, Andrew Balbirnie, Lorcan Tucker, Simi Singh, Shane Getkate, Boyd Rankin, George Dockrell, Joshua Little, Peter Chase, Andy McBrine, Harry Tector, Stuart Thompson
Afghanistan Vs Ireland Playing11:
Usman Ghani, Samiullah Shenwari, Asghar Afghan(c), Shafiqullah Shafiq(w), Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Rashid Khan, Hazratullah Zazai, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Ziaur Rahman, Farid Malik.
Andrew Balbirnie, Lorcan Tucker,Paul Stirling(c), Kevin O Brien, Simi Singh, Shane Getkate, Stuart Poynter(w), Boyd Rankin, George Dockrell, Joshua Little, Peter Chase
Facts & Fixtures Afghanistan Vs Ireland :
- Afghanistan have a strong T20I record against Ireland and they have beaten them in each of their last seven completed meetings.
- .Afghanistan have played and practiced almost all their Cricket at this venue and familiarity with the conditions will add to their advantage
- Ireland’s weakness to drive the game in the middle overs was well and truly highlighted in the recently concluded quadrangular series at Oman
- Afghanistan have won their last seven T20Is while Ireland have lost five of their last seven matches in this format.
- Afghanistan have more quality spinners in their side and the Irish batsmen are likely to struggle against them in these conditions.
Head To Head Stats:
For Afghanistan Vs Ireland , Afghanistan and Ireland have played 12 T20 internationals against each other with the former leading the scoreline 9-3. Also ! Afghanistan have won the last seven completed matches they have played against Ireland in the game’s shortest format.
AFG VS IRE DREAM11 TEAM :
To be Updated soon…….
Ireland vs Afghanistan Match Prediction:
So! Who Will Win AFG VS IRE . Afghanistan are coming on the back of seven consecutive T20I wins and so they will be carrying a lot of momentum with them. Ireland, on the other hand, have faced five defeats in their last seven matches and they have quite a few issues to resolve. Moreover, their batsmen won’t find it easy to tackle the Afghan spinners on this spin-friendly pitch. Afghanistan have the benefit of playing in familiar conditions and we expect them to start this series off with a win.
Support Us By Liking Our Facebook Page
Also check The Hindu epaper 8th January 2019